Jumma is called Friday because on this day the Quraysh used to gather in Dar al-Nadwa. Allama Abdul Rahman narrates: The name of Aruba became popular in Islam as “Jumma“.
The first Friday prayer in Islam. Hazrat Aseed Zararah led the Friday prayers in Madinah Munawara. According to Sunan Abi Dawood, Hazrat Ka’b bin Malik narrates that whenever he heard the call to prayer on Friday, he would pray for Hazrat Aseed Zararah. What is the reason for this? Hazrat Ka’b said: He was the first to teach us “Friday in the rocky ground of Banu Bayada in Naqee ‘in Hazm al-Nabiyat. I asked: How many people were there that day? He said “forty”.
The first Jumma prayer was offered by the Holy Prophet(P.B.U.H)
12 Rabi-ul-Awal 1 AH according to 27 September 622 AD was a Friday. Hazrat Muhammad (P.B.U.H) reached the valley of Bani Salem from Quba. It was Friday time. Here Hazrat Muhammad (P.B.U.H) performed Friday with a hundred people. This was the first Friday in the company of the Holy Prophet.
- The Prophet (P.B.U.H) said: Whoever gets one rak’ah of Jumma, he gets Jumma. (That is, if it is included in the second rak’ah, then its Friday has been paid.)
- The Prophet (P.B.U.H) said: People should refrain from leaving Jumma, otherwise Allah will seal their hearts, then they will surely be of the heedless ones.
- I heard the Prophet (P.B.U.H) say: When the takbeer of the prayer is said, do not run for the prayer, but walk slowly, and contentment is obligatory upon you. Pray as many prayers as you can, and fulfill what you do not get.
- The prophet (P.B.U.H) said: “you do not do evil to those who do evil to you, but you deal with them with forgiveness and kindness”.
- The worldly life is only a (temporary) pleasure, and indeed the Hereafter is the abode of permanent settlement.